White Sox and SXU Honor Chicago's First Responders with Special Ticket Offer
The Chicago White Sox and Saint Xavier University (SXU) salute active members of the Chicago Fire Department and Chicago Police Department for their courage and service with a special offer of two complimentary tickets to 13 select home games during the 2019 baseball season.
This is the eighth consecutive year that the team has provided tickets to police officers and the seventh season that the offer has been extended to Chicago firefighters. Since the program's inception, the White Sox have provided department members and their families more than 99,300 game tickets, including more than 10,300 tickets in 2018. This is SXU's third year partnering on this ticket initiative. In addition, SXU collaborates with the Chicago Police Department Education and Training Division to offer accelerated undergraduate degree completion programs and a Master of Business Administration (MBA) program.
"Saint Xavier University celebrates a 22-year educational partnership with the City of Chicago and Chicago Police Department in 2019," said Deborah Rapacz, associate vice president of strategic marketing and communication. "We are delighted at this opportunity to show our appreciation to our brave Chicago police officers and firefighters."
"Members of the Chicago Fire and Police Departments dedicate their lives to the City of Chicago," said Brooks Boyer, White Sox senior vice president of sales and marketing. "We are proud to partner with Saint Xavier University to recognize our courageous community members who go above and beyond to protect our community with a token of our appreciation."
The offer includes the following games:
- Saturday, April 6 vs. Seattle at 1:10 p.m. -- White Sox Hoodie, presented by Guaranteed Rate (first 15,000 fans)
- Monday, April 8 vs. Tampa Bay at 1:10 p.m. -- 2019 Magnetic Schedule (first 10,000 fans)
- Tuesday, April 16 vs. Kansas City at 7:10 p.m. -- 2019 Wall Calendar (first 10,000 fans)
- Friday, April 26 vs. Detroit at 7:10 p.m. -- White Sox Tote Bag, presented by MLB Network (first 20,000 fans), and Fireworks
- Monday, April 29 vs. Baltimore at 7:10 p.m. -- Dog Day
- Wednesday, May 1 vs. Baltimore at 7:10 p.m. -- Beatles Night and $1 Hot Dog Wednesday, presented by Securian Financial
- Tuesday, May 14 vs. Cleveland at 1:10 p.m. -- Weather Day, presented by WGN
- Friday, May 17 vs. Toronto at 7:10 p.m. -- Fireworks
- Monday, May 27 vs. Kansas City at 1:10 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 29 vs. Kansas City at 7:10 p.m. -- $1 Hot Dog Wednesday, presented by Securian Financial
- Friday, May 31 vs. Cleveland at 7:10 p.m. -- Fireworks
- Tuesday, June 11 vs. Washington at 7:10 p.m.
- Friday, June 28 vs. Minnesota at 7:10 p.m. -- Chosen Few DJ's House Music Night and Fireworks
Each member of the Chicago Fire and Police Departments can redeem two tickets, beginning at 10 a.m. on Monday, March 18, at the Guaranteed Rate Field Ticket Office. Firefighters and officers will be required to show their department identification and badge in order to claim the tickets. Tickets may be redeemed on non-game days at the ticket office Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The deadline to redeem is 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday, May 15. Tickets are subject to availability.
Chicago Fire Department and Chicago Police Department members and fans who have questions about this offer should contact the Chicago White Sox at 312-674-1000.