Art and Design Portfolio Scholarship
- Application Deadline:
- March 15, 2023
- Amount Range:
- Brian Hotzfield
Saint Xavier University offers art and design scholarships for incoming freshmen and new transfer students who are majoring or minoring in art and design.
Several merit-based scholarship awards will be offered through a portfolio review application process. This is a one-year scholarship. Recipients are eligible to reapply every year.
Students interested in applying for a scholarship must be admitted for the 2023-2024 academic year and must do the following:
- Submit a letter of intent with your portfolio outlining the following:
- Expected course of study at SXU (studio, design, art education or minor in art);
- Describe past involvement in art-related organizations or leadership positions that you have held and how that can relate to your aspirations at SXU; and
- Anticipated graduation date and future/professional aspirations.
- Include a portfolio of 10 JPEG images or a three-to five-minute video of your best creative work. Video submissions must be in either .mpg, .mp4, or .mov file format.
- Submit your letter of intent and portfolio to the Office of Admission via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use "Portfolio Scholarship Submission" along with your name as the subject line. All files should be accessible and attached to your email. For instructions on submitting your scholarship application via mail, please contact the Office of Admission at email@example.com or 844-468-6798 (844-GOTO-SXU).
Scholarship recipients will be notified soon after the deadline for submissions.
Scholarship recipients who enroll in the art and design program at SXU will have their artwork on display in the Visual Arts Center.
Winner will be expected to agree to the following:
- Submit a piece of artwork for at least one exhibition in the 2023-2024 academic year. On-campus exhibitions are encouraged, but off-campus can be substituted with proper documentation.
- Volunteer during one of the midterm open house events.
- Participate in the Art Club, Design Club or hold a creative position in any other campus organization.
- Successfully complete at least one art and design course per semester in 2023-2024.
For more information, please email the Office of Admission at firstname.lastname@example.org.