Art and Design Portfolio Scholarship
- Application Deadline:
- To Be Determined
- Amount Range:
- Not Available
- Brian Hotzfield
Saint Xavier University offers art and design scholarships for incoming freshmen and new transfer students who are majoring or minoring in art and design.
Several merit-based scholarship awards will be offered through a portfolio review application process. This is a one-year scholarship. Recipients are eligible to reapply every year.
Students interested in applying for a scholarship must be admitted for the 2020-2021 academic year and must do the following:
- Submit a letter of intent with your portfolio outlining the following:
- Expected course of study at SXU (studio, design, art education or minor in art);
- Describe past involvement in art-related organizations or leadership positions that you have held and how that can relate to your aspirations at SXU; and
- Anticipated graduation date and future/professional aspirations.
- Provide a name and contact information for a reference for whom you have created something.
- Include a CD/DVD portfolio of 10 JPEG images or a three- to five-minute video of your
best creative work by postal mail. Applicants can also submit portfolios on a flash
drive. Portfolios submitted will not be returned.
- Each video counts as one piece.
- Video submissions must be .mpg, .mp4 or .mov format.
- Submit all entries to: Office of Admission, Saint Xavier University, 3700 W. 103rd St., Chicago, IL 60655.
Scholarship recipients will be notified in early March.
Scholarship recipients who enroll in the art and design program at SXU will have their artwork on display in the Visual Arts Center the entire 2021-2022 academic year. A reception will also be hosted for the scholarship winners, family, friends and the University community.
Winner will be expected to agree to the following:
- Submit a piece of artwork for at least one exhibition in the 2021-2022 academic year. On-campus exhibitions are encouraged, but off-campus can be substituted with proper documentation.
- Volunteer during one of the midterm open house events.
- Participate in the Art Club, Design Club or hold a creative position in any other campus organization.
- Successfully complete at least one art and design course per semester in 2021-2022.
For more information, please email the Office of Admission at email@example.com.