Dr. Lloyd Leake Scholarship
- Application Deadline:
- January 31, 2021
- Amount Range:
- Dr. Sheryl O'Sullivan
The Dr. Lloyd Leake Scholarship is open to undergraduate African-American students in the Education Department. This scholarship is funded by the family of the late Dr. Lloyd Leake, former dean of the School of Education.
The committee of the Lloyd Leake Scholarship seeks to honor this former dean by helping an African-American Education Department undergraduate student who possesses the critical qualities of service, integrity, diversity and excellence.
- All files, including the application, must be submitted no later than January 31, 2021.
- Applicants must be African-American students.
- Applicants must complete the online application form below.
- Applicants must submit an essay (double-spaced, one to two pages) which includes a statement of your educational goals and a list of significant goal-related activities, honors, volunteer service, and employment. Include examples of how you embrace excellence, integrity, diversity and service. Please upload the essay with the application.
- Complete applications will include the application form and the essay. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
*Award amount will vary based on availability of funds and number of scholarships awarded.
The online application form is now closed.