- Application Deadline:
- January 25, 2024
- Amount Range:
- Up to $2,000*
- Dr. Alexandra Santau
The Blew Scholarship is given in honor of Lynn Blew '73. The William R. and Marilyn W. Blew Foundation made a donation with the express wish that the funds go to a senior majoring in education. Lynn Blew was a continuing education student who returned to college as an adult. Lynn felt that she received a first-class preparation for a teaching career and taught for more than 20 years.
The committee of the Blew Scholarship seeks to honor Lynn Blew by helping an admitted Education Division senior undergraduate student who possesses the critical qualities of excellence, service, and lifelong learning.
Exact amount of tuition grants depends on available funds from endowment and individual student's account status. Please check with Financial Aid before applying.
- All files, including the application, must be submitted no later than January 25, 2024.
- Applicants must be undergraduate students in education who will be seniors in the 2024-2025 academic year.
- Applicants must complete the online application form below.
- Applicants must submit an essay (double-spaced, one to two pages). Please provide specific examples of how you embrace the values of excellence, service, and lifelong learning and how they relate to your plans for working in the field of education. Preference will be given to students in financial need; describe your financial need. Upload the essay with the application.
- Complete applications will include the application form and the essay. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
*Award amount will vary based on availability of funds and number of scholarships awarded.
The Blew Scholarship online application form is now open.