Catherine H. Malin Scholarship
- Application Deadline:
- Amount Range:
- *Amount Varies
While she only spent two years as a student at Saint Xavier, Catherine Malin never forgot her experiences here and remained a loyal supporter throughout her life. Through a request in her estate, Mrs. Malin's legacy of support continues as the Catherine H. Malin Scholarship and will benefit a student majoring in mathematics.
The Catherine H. Malin Scholarship will be awarded annually to an outstanding student with the highest GPA in mathematics courses and with the basis of exemplary academic achievement and leadership. The award will be granted based upon review by mathematics faculty members. The recipient must have:
- Enrolled as a major in Mathematics, Mathematics with Secondary Education, or Actuarial Science and must have completed 15 credit hours of mathematics courses at SXU.
- Attainment of sophomore or junior status (Minimum 30 credit hours).
- Be in good academic standing and maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0, and
- Demonstrate financial need, as verified by Financial Aid.
- Be in good disciplinary standing.
Students who are active participants of mathematics events will be given special consideration.
The award will be presented at the College of Liberal Arts and Education Awards Ceremony.
*Students applying for financial aid are automatically considered for these funds. Selection is based on a student’s match with a donor’s criteria. There is no separate application process.