The IBEW/NECA Scholarship Fund
- Application Deadline:
- January 31, 2022
- Amount Range:
- *Up to $1,350
- Sue Swisher
- Candidates must be full-time (12 credit hours or more per semester), degree seeking students at the University.
- Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate that either or both of their parents (natural or step-parents) are current or retired members of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) -- Local 134. Donor directs that a greater preference be given to any candidate who demonstrates that either or both of their parents (natural or step-parents) are/were members of the IBEW-Local 134, but are deceased at the time of the candidate's application for this scholarship award. In the event there are no candidates who meet the above criteria, the Donor directs that a candidate may be selected who demonstrates that either or both of their parents (natural or step-parents) are members in the Chicago & Cook County Building & Construction Trades.
- Candidates must have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale and be in "good standing" with the University as that term is defined in relevant University policies and procedures.
- Candidates must have a class standing as a "Senior" at the time the scholarship award is disbursed. Therefore, candidates should apply for this award during their "Junior" year.
- Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate financial need.
- Candidates must provide one letter of recommendation from a faculty member who had the candidate in one or more of their courses.
- Candidates will be considered for the scholarship award regardless of age or if the candidate is a transfer.
- Award recipients may only receive this scholarship award one time. This scholarship award is not renewable.
- Only one scholarship award recipient may be chosen per fiscal year wherein the award should be at least $1,250, but no more than 7.5% of posted tuition charges for the applicable fiscal. If the allocated funds for disbursement from the Fund exceed 7.5% of posted tuition charge for the applicable fiscal year then two scholarship recipients may be chosen so long as each award recipient receive at least $1,250.
*Award amount will vary based on availability of funds and number of scholarships awarded.
The online application form is now closed.