Mercy Scholarship Program
- Application Deadline:
- August 31, 2018
- Amount Range:
- Erin Mueller
The Mercy Scholarship Program invites recipients to commit themselves to participation in and learning about one of the five Critical Concerns of the Sisters of Mercy:
- Racism; and
The critical concerns of nonviolence, immigration and women intersect with the social concern of human trafficking. Students will be expected to gain knowledge and an understanding of human trafficking during the first semester of the program through their active engagement in online Canvas discussions.
The second semester will focus on students assembling a Human Trafficking panel discussion of topic experts to heighten community awareness. The event will take place in April 2019, and will be open to students, faculty, staff and the community.
This scholarship opportunity is made possible through a generous grant from the Sisters of Mercy West Midwest Community.
Applicants must be:
- Undergraduate, degree-seeking students, who demonstrate significant financial need;
- Enrolled full time;
- Entering their sophomore, junior, or senior year in the 2018-2019 academic year;
- In good disciplinary standing with the University; and
- In good academic standing, with at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA
*Scholarship preference will be given to qualifying female undergraduate applicants who are entering their senior year, and expect to graduate in May 2019.
Recipients will be selected from the pool of applicants by a review panel. All applicants will be notified of a decision by October 1.
- If selected, information presented in this application may be shared with the scholarship donor and used to develop publicity materials for the program.
- Saint Xavier University reserves the right to make changes in eligibility criteria or terms of awards for scholarships, assistantships, or any other financial aid programs.
Please fill out the online application. All applications are due by August 31, 2018.