Mercy Scholarship Program
- Application Deadline:
- September 7, 2020
- Amount Range:
- Dustin Duncan
The Mercy Scholarship Program invites recipients to commit themselves to participation in and learning about one of the five Critical Concerns of the Sisters of Mercy:
- Racism; and
Participants will explore and articulate their own "critical concerns," as understood through the lens of the Sisters of Mercy Critical Concerns and Call to New Consciousness (PDF). As a result, recipients will receive agency to understand their own critical concerns and to inform the wider culture at Saint Xavier. For more information, please check out the Sisters of Mercy Critical Concerns page.
Participants will take part in a fall semester group session on the Critical Concerns and Call to New Consciousness and share reflections in an online community. During the spring semester, participants will deliver an open forum panel presentation on their reflections.
This scholarship opportunity is made possible through a generous grant from the Sisters of Mercy West Midwest Community.
Applicants must be:
- Undergraduate, degree-seeking students, who demonstrate significant financial need;
- Enrolled full time;
- Entering their sophomore, junior or senior year in the 2020-2021 academic year;
- In good disciplinary standing with the University; and
- In good academic standing, with at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Willing to dedicate meaningful time to address and implement a project related to identified Critical Concerns.
*Scholarship preference will be given to DACA students and/or students of Latinx/Hispanic descent, who expect to graduate in May 2021.
Recipients will be selected from the pool of applicants by a review panel. All applicants will be notified of a decision by October 1.
- If selected, information presented in this application may be shared with the scholarship donor and used to develop publicity materials for the program.
- Saint Xavier University reserves the right to make changes in eligibility criteria or terms of awards for scholarships, assistantships or any other financial aid programs.
The online application form is now open. All applications are due by September 7, 2020.