Finance Career Resources
Below you will find career and professional development resources for finance majors. It is essential that you proactively engage career development as an integral part of your entire SXU experience. It is crucial to start early and integrate meaningful opportunities into your student experience, such as internship, volunteer and leadership opportunities.
Remember that your major is just a starting point and not a prescription for a narrow list of employment opportunities. By immersing yourself in your liberal arts education and gaining experience outside of the classroom, you have the opportunity to develop transferable skill sets highly desired by employers and/or graduate programs. Some of the skills that a finance major will develop are reading comprehension, critical thinking, speaking, judgment and decision making, monitoring and active learning. Talk with Career Services to find out how to creatively market your major, skills, and experiences to various opportunities.
- Career Exploration Tools and Resources (Quintessential Careers)
- Illinois Career Information System (Illinois Department of Employment Security)
User ID is Illinois and the password is careers.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- O*Net Online
- What Can I do With this Major?
- Job Search Intelligence Salary Calculator
- CNA Insurance
- Northern Trust Company Internships
- Friedman & Huey Associates, LLP
- JP Morgan Chase
- Bank of America Internships
- GE Corporate Financial Services
- Accounting Majors (Great resource for internships!)
- Chicago Accounting Firm Directory
- Deloitte Internships
- Ernst and Young Internships
- Crowe Horwath
- RSM McGladrey Inc.
- Grant Thorton LLP
- Miller Cooper & Co. LTD.
- Wolf & Co. LLP
- Plante Moran