Human REsource Management Career Resources
Below you will find career and professional development resources for Human Resource Management majors. It is essential that you proactively engage career development as an integral part of your entire SXU experience. It is crucial to start early and integrate meaningful opportunities into your student experience, such as internships, volunteer and leadership opportunities.
Remember that your major is just a starting point and not a prescription for a narrow list of employment opportunities. By immersing yourself in your liberal arts education and gaining experience outside of the classroom, you have the opportunity to develop transferable skill sets highly desired by employers and/or graduate programs. Some of the skills that a Human Resource Management major will develop are active listening, social perceptiveness, ability to manage personnel resources, training and negotiation. Talk with the Center for SUCCESS to find out how to creatively market your major, skills, and experiences to various opportunities.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook: HR Managers
- Occupational Outlook: HR Specialists and Labor Relations Specialists
- What Can I do With this Major?
- Resume Builder
- Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (Resource for scholarships and internships)
Potential Job Titles
- Compensation, Benefits Coordinator
- Compensation, Benefits Manager
- Human Resource Assistant
- Human Resource Manager
- Human Resource Specialist
- Payroll Specialist
- Training and Development Manager
- Industrial/Organizational Psychology Career Links
- Careers in Human Resources from About
- Fact Set Research Systems
- Morning Star
- Robert W. Baird