Student Employment

Student Employment

Student worker positions are available in a wide variety of functions across many departments on campus. Examples of typical first-year positions might include working guest reception in the Shannon Center, serving meals in Dining Services or clerical support in one of the academic departments. Typically, preference is given to students eligible for Federal Work-Study (FWS), but there are a limited number of positions available for those who do not qualify to FWS. FWS eligibility is not a guarantee of employment.


By working on campus, students can:

Students should visit Handshake to register for an account and search for positions prior to the start of the academic year. Additional application details are available in the Resource Library of Handshake.

Important Points

Questions regarding positions or applications should be directed to the Center for SUCCESS at 773-298-3131 or If you would like to explore off-campus opportunities, please contact us for more information or visit Handshake for other opportunities.

Questions regarding payroll or time card issues should be directed to Human Resources/Payroll at 773-298-3452.