SXU College to Career Expo
The purpose of the College to Career Expo is to connect quality candidates with employers and organizations recruiting for pre-professional, professional, and educational experiences including internships, volunteer experiences, graduate and professional school opportunities as well as part-time and full-time jobs.
We are currently planning our fall semester College to Career Expo. Check back soon for more information.
Registration information for the College to Career Expo including pricing can be found by through our career management system, Handshake. Organizations without an account will be prompted to create one. Employers can use this account to manage their event registration and pay event invoices, connect with SXU students, post positions, and advertise recruiting events.
Student Tips for Attending
College to Career Expos are a convenient way to network with a number of employers at one time. These events allow you to establish connections with recruiters in ways that your resume might not. Here are a few helpful tips to make the most of our Expos:
- Research companies of interest prior to attending the event
- Dress professionally to make a great first impression
- Bring multiple copies of your resume or business card to hand out
- Bring a padfolio to take notes and store documents and collected business cards
- Send follow-up correspondence to employers, e.g. thank you, after the expo and connect with individuals on LinkedIn
- Be open minded and visit unfamiliar organizations or employers typically outside your industry
- Have some questions prepared to ask employers of interest (do not ask about salary or benefits)
- Prepare an elevator speech and exude confidence and enthusiasm when introducing yourself to an employer
For more information about preparing for the College to Career Expo such as perfecting your elevator speech, please review the Academic and Career Resource Guide. You may also schedule an appointment with an Academic and Career Resource Advisor via Handshake.
To access a list of attending participants for our College to Career Expos, please log into Handshake and access the College to Career Expo page under Events.