SXU Health Center
Welcome to the Health Center at Saint Xavier University! We are unique in that we serve students, faculty, staff, and members of the community. We are nurse practitioner-led primary care clinic and therefore provide a variety of services for our patient population. We are open year-round (including summer!) and only close for major holidays. Our mission is to provide accessible and affordable holistic care that upholds the SXU standard for excellence.
We are in-network with many insurance carriers. However, if you are out-of-network, uninsured, or prefer to pay out-of-pocket we offer reasonable self-pay rates. Please call 773-298-3712 for pricing.
COVID-19 Infection Control Measures
During the COVID-19 outbreak the SXU Health Center has implemented numerous procedures to protect our staff and patients:
- All patients are required to wear cloth face masks while they are inside the Health Center. Staff will also be wearing face masks.
- At this time all patients who are sick with upper respiratory symptoms such as cough, fever, congestion, sore throat, etc, will need to be seen via telemedicine (phone call or secure video link). Call 773-298-3712 to make a telemedicine appointment.
- We are also open for in-person visits. This includes appointments for physicals, vaccines, TB testing, STD testing, UTI's, etc. We are spacing appointments apart so that there is ample time for disinfection inbetween patients.
- When you arrive for your appointment we ask that you remain in your car and call the Health Center to let us know that you have arrived. When your room is ready we will escort you inside. If you do not have a car please call when you arrive and we will escort you inside to your room. Any remaining paperwork will be completed inside the exam room.
- No visitors are allowed. Patients under 18 years old may be accompanied by one parent or guardian.
- No walk-ins are accepted to allow for proper screening. We may still be able to accommodate same day appointments; call 773-298-3712 to make an appointment.
At this time, the SXU Health Center does not have the ability to test for COVID-19, but we will shortly. Please continue to check this website for updates. IDPH has compiled a list of COVID-19 testing sites in the state of Illinois. Many require appointments or that certain criteria are met. This is not a comprehensive list.
Please see SXU's Coronavirus (COVID-19) page for the most recent updates.
Schedule an Appointment
We often have same-day appointments available, but we ask that you call ahead of time during business hours so that you do not have to wait unnecessarily.
We offer sick visits for anyone 18 months of age and older. Please note that many illnesses will need to be seen via telemedicine (phone or secure video link) at this time. The following are some examples of visit reasons:
- Sore throat/strep throat
- Cold/flu (including rapid flu testing)
- Sinus infections
- Urinary tract infections
- Pink eye
- Ear irrigation
- Mono (including rapid mono testing)
- Minor Injury (no X-ray services on site)
- STD testing and treatment
- Mental health (can treat basic anxiety/depression, depending on severity may be referred to a mental health professional)
- School/well-child physicals (preschool through college)
- Sports physicals
- Camp physicals
- Health program physicals
- Work physicals
- DOT physicals
- Well-woman physicals (including pap smears)
- DOT physicals
- Illinois Bus driver physicals
- DOT drug screens
- Learn about our additional services on our Occupational Health Services page.
- Urine drug screens
- PPD placements/readings
- Quantiferon gold
- All required immunizations
- All of our specimens are sent to Quest Diagnostics for processing.
- We offer adult and pediatric blood draws (including lead testing).
- Patients can bring in lab orders from outside medical providers for specimen collection. The results are then sent directly to the provider.
- Many of our nurse practitioners are certified CPR instructors through the American Heart Association.
- Please see our CPR Classes page for information on schedules and classes offered.
- Our staff offers health education on various topics around the SXU campus and throughout the community.
- Looking for a speaker at your school or place of business? Let one of our nurse practitioners give a presentation on a health topic of your choice to your students or employees.
- We participate in health fairs around the Chicagoland area to provide information on health topics.
- We offer nicotine and tobacco cessation counseling and treatment provided individually and in groups.
"My first experience at the SXU Health Center was professional and caring. I was greeting with a smile, and felt like they welcomed me. They also had the vaccine I needed when my own pharmacy did not. Appreciated that convenience immensely."
"The SXU Health Center is extremely convenient, is very clean and the employees are professional and friendly. I will use it as often as possible. Great experience as always."
"This is a little unknown gem in the community. The staff is so nice and so professional.
They aren't overbooked and I got in and out quickly. Thank you to Saint Xavier's for
offering the clinic for all of us."
Schedule an appointment
If you'd like to schedule an appointment, please call 773-298-3712.
The Health Center is located at 3925 W. 103rd Street (Driehaus Center).