Services and resources
Providing basic services and resources for students at the Orland Park campus (OPC) is very important to us. Whether you are pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree, we are committed to providing you with high quality service and supporting you in any way we can.
In addition, there are events held at the campus throughout the year that are beneficial to current and prospective adult students. Hope you can join us!
SXU's academic calendar provides important dates about registration and final exams.
To view the full calendar, please visit the Academic Calendar page.
- Fall II: Begins October 16, 2017 and ends December 9, 2017
- Registration for Spring 2018: Begins October 18, 2017
- Spring I: Begins January 8, 2018 and ends March 3, 2018
- Spring II: Begins March 12, 2018 and ends May 5, 2018
Prospective Degree Completion Students
The accelerated degree completion programs offered exclusively at the Orland Park campus are Organizational Development and Business Administration Fast-Track. These programs are designed for busy adults who are trying to balance demanding work/family schedules with the goal of attaining a quality college education. Some of you may know exactly where you are heading and others may have questions, need to discuss their options and concerns and are not sure where to begin the process. Whatever your situation, we are here to help, and we understand that going to college, especially if you have been away from school for a while, can be difficult; therefore, we would like to make that process as smooth as possible.
To learn more about our degree completion programs, you can:
Prospective MBA Students
The Master of Business Administration program is offered at the Orland Park campus. This comprehensive program is designed to meet the diverse and changing needs of employers.
To learn more about our MBA program, you can:
Or, you can attend an Online MBA Information Session.
To schedule an in-person appointment to learn more about our MBA program, please contact Imelda Macías at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Admitted Undergraduate Degree Completion Students
Once you have been admitted to the Saint Xavier University Orland Park campus, there are a few things you should do right away:
In order for you to find the true cost of an SXU education, you should file for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to see what federal, state and institutional financial aid you may qualify for. If you have already filed your FAFSA, simply login and add SXU's school code (001768) so that we can receive your results.
Schedule an advising appointment with our Student Services Coordinator by calling 708-802-6203. You will meet one-on-one to go over how your classes transfer, what classes are left to complete your degree and to register for the classes you need!*
*The advisor for degree completion students at Orland Park is located at the campus and will work with each student to develop individual academic plans that facilitate degree completion, professional advancement and personal development. The advisor will also work with the student to ensure completion of the above steps.
Students are advised to submit a $100 tuition deposit to guarantee their spot in their courses for the upcoming semester. This deposit will go toward your tuition and guarantees your admission to SXU.
If you are currently attending another school, please submit your final transcripts electronically to email@example.com as soon as possible. All transcripts must be received before you begin classes at SXU.
All incoming undergraduate students are required to submit a compliant Certificate of Immunity. For a complete description of what is needed, please visit our Student Immunization Requirements page, where you can download the necessary form.
Check out the resources and services Saint Xavier University offers for its current students.
Here are some campus resources students can utilize:
- Student Identification Card (Cougar Card): The Public Safety Office, Room 110 (located behind the front desk), issues all student IDs. This card is needed for printing in all computer labs.
- Computer and IT Services: OPC has an open computer lab for student use. This lab is located in Room 175 and is open from 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday; 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Friday; and 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday. An IT staff member is available for assistance most evenings. Please see IT hours posted on campus as coverage is subject to change.
- SXU Bookstore: Any items, including course textbooks, can be ordered online or in-person at the main campus and can be shipped to OPC for pick-up at no extra charge. When OPC receives the order, the student will be contacted to let them know their order is available for pick-up at the front desk.
- Library Materials: Students are able to order online or in-person, any library materials from the main campus and have it shipped, via campus mail, to OPC for pick-up. Library materials can also be returned at OPC and will be shipped, via campus mail, back to the library.
- Cyber Café: The café contains snack and cold beverage vending machines. A refrigerator is also available for storing food that is brought in by students. The café can also be used for studying.
- Study Rooms: Our Lifelong Learning Center (formerly the library), when not being used for an event, is available to students for studying in groups or individually. There is also a small study room within the Learning Center that is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Parking: We know how important it is to have access to ample, hassle-free parking. Our parking lot has more than enough spaces and is free and available to both students and visitors.
The following information can be accessed through mySXU Student Portal:
- Student Email
- Search for Courses
- Registration and Drop Courses
- Transfer Equivalencies
- Waitlist Management
- Pay Tuition
- Financial Aid
- Class Schedule
- Program Evaluation
- Petition to Graduate
Below are some of the technology resources Saint Xavier University offers for its students:
- Student Toolkit: The Student Toolkit is a bridge to the many resources available at SXU and online. Stay up-to-date with a list of online tools since learning methods are being pushed beyond the traditional classroom walls.
- The Hub: The Hub is the first point of contact for technology assistance.
- Canvas Support: There is a support hotline, live chat and training available if you need help with Canvas.