Weather and Emergency
Updated Friday, January 25, 2019
In preparation for the safety hazards frigid weather can bring, Saint Xavier University wants its campus community to be cautious and take heed of the following tips:
- Wear appropriate outdoor clothing, including coats, scarves, mittens and boots. Everyone is also encouraged to dress in layers.
- Walk slowly when outside.
- Carry a cell phone at all times.
- If traveling to or from campus, drive slowly and be aware of current and forecast weather conditions.
- Pack an up-to-date emergency kit in your car that includes a flashlight, first aid kit, sand for icy walkways, and extra medicine or batteries.
This is the official Saint Xavier University weather and emergency notification center. In the event of an emergency, this space will be used to provide timely information to the University community. It will be updated regularly as new information becomes available. This site informs the Saint Xavier University community about what to do in advance of, during and after a major emergency.
Please register your cell phone number by going to mySXU, then under "Resources" on the right-hand side, click "Campus-Wide Text Alert System." In doing so, you are set to receive important notifications to your cell phone in any/all emergency-related situations on campus.
Not sure when to notify Public Safety? Find out when to call 3911.
The Office of Public Safety has put together updated and an official emergency guide for the Chicago campus to assist students, faculty and staff in the event of an emergency. The emergency guide is simple and straightforward, yet the information contained within is important, even potentially life-saving. Please view the PDF version below: