Dublin Pilgrimage for Young Mercy Leaders
The Sisters of Mercy International Centre in Dublin, Ireland hosts students from Mercy colleges and universities around the world for the Young Mercy Leaders Pilgrimage. Students undertake their journey in the light of the story of Catherine McAuley, foundress of the Sisters of Mercy, and emerge with a deeper appreciation for the past, present and future of our Mercy tradition.
As they explore Mercy International Centre, pilgrims will hear the story of Catherine McAuley anew in the House she founded. They will learn about her spirituality and grow in understanding of the rich heritage of the Sisters of Mercy.
Pilgrims will gain a profound sense of the Mercy spirit alive today. They will be challenged by engaging speakers and will encounter the Mercy charism in the diversity of their fellow delegates.
As they reflect on their experiences in Dublin, pilgrims will come to know themselves as Mercy leaders. They will return home emboldened to strive for justice and Mercy, with the courage that Catherine demonstrated.
Apply for this trip on the Den if you:
- are current SXU freshmen, sophomores or juniors in good standing;
- evince comfort with spirituality and an interest in SXU's Mercy heritage;
- are willing to travel and are comfortable with people of diverse backgrounds;
- demonstrate leadership abilities and effective follow through on commitments; and
- are committed to continuing their collegiate career at Saint Xavier.
For more information, please contact Dr. Jenny DeVivo, Executive Director of Mission and Heritage at firstname.lastname@example.org or 773-341-5734.