The Renaissance Academy is a collegial association of retired and semi-retired men and women who share learning experiences and intellectual growth in a friendly, relaxed, academic setting, regardless of educational background. Enrollment is open to all who believe in the importance of pursuing the Academy's life-long learning opportunities. Classes are peer-facilitated and include topics like philosophy, history, literature, current events, poetry and computer technology.
Classrooms and some resources on campus are made available to Renaissance members as part of the Saint Xavier University community outreach initiative.
- Participation in one to three Academy classes each term
- Use of University library, lounges and café
- Use of the Shannon Center track during class days
- Special events and Speakers' Forum
- Invitations to selected University events
- Audit privileges for one University class with restrictions and approval
Individual Renaissance Academy members serve as class facilitators. They develop their
own programs and choose program materials. Members are encouraged to volunteer their
time so that the Academy may offer a broad selection of courses.
No testing or grading is included in the program; however, class participation provides the energy that makes the Academy a viable entity.
Sample Areas of Study
|Arts and Sciences||Finances||Poetry|