B.S. in Chemistry
Chemistry is the study of matter, energy and the connection between the two. Bringing together mathematics, biology, physics, medicine and other sciences, chemistry serves as an excellent foundation for understanding the world.
Chemistry at Saint Xavier University instills superior analytic and problem solving skills, develops strong process skills for laboratory work and provides "molecular spectacles" with which to view the world. Take advantage of opportunities to participate in research with faculty and present at national, regional and local conferences. Through the Chemistry program, you will be well prepared for professional positions and advanced study in graduate school and professional schools.
- You can work on campus in paid peer leadership opportunities, such as tutors, supplemental instruction leaders and laboratory assistants.
- You can take advantage of multiple research opportunities, experiential learning courses and scholarships/stipends available through a prestigious National Science Foundation grant awarded to SXU.
- Eligible motivated students are employed in the department to serve as tutors, peer mentors, and supplemental instructors. Students also get recommended to work in the chemistry stockroom to prepare labs for teaching laboratories. If interested, please contact the department chair (wiesterFREESXU) for more information about student jobs.
- Chemistry students are invited to join the SXU student chapter of the American Chemical Society national organization.
For more information, please review the program requirements and course descriptions in the SXU Academic Catalog.
Want to know more about undergraduate programs at Saint Xavier University? Please fill out the form below!
Contact the Office of Admission
- Toll Free: 844-GOTO-SXU (844-468-6798)
- Fax: 773-298-3076
- Email: admissionFREESXU
- M-F: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Suggested Academic Plan
View a suggested four-year academic plan to complete your degree in four years!View