International Studies Learning Outcomes
Saint Xavier University is dedicated to providing top-quality education that is intentionally designed to develop your skills and expertise as you prepare for the next step in your education or career. The learning outcomes reflect the specific competencies that you will gain from our program, while the curriculum map portrays how these competencies will shape and prepare you for the real world.
- Students will deploy two or more historical, cultural and/or social scientific approaches to understand how international relations affect domestic relations.
- Students will identify and review basic issues of the society, politics and culture of one geographic region of the world.
- Students will utilize critical thinking skills in the consumption of international studies literature.
- Students will formulate and defend a thesis in a written and oral format.
- Students will define a research question and design and execute a research program using appropriate methodologies.