Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
Saint Xavier University is proud to partner with Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM) with an agreement for our current Pre-Professional Health Care students interested in medicine, dentistry or pharmacy careers.
SXU students qualify for their Early Acceptance Program (EAP), which grants qualified students with a provisional letter of acceptance. The provisional letter allows the student to have a reserved seat to one of LECOM's professional schools upon completion of a successful interview.
To qualify, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Submit your application to the Early Acceptance program (EAP) prior to the start of your third year (depending upon desired program/track)
- Be officially enrolled in EAP for two consecutive years prior to matriculating at LECOM
- Complete the prerequisite coursework as an uninterrupted full-time student
- Have a science GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Have an overall GPA of 3.4 or higher
Note: We do restrict the number of AP credits that may be used to fulfill the credit requirements while attending an affiliated undergraduate school.
The entrance exams, PCAT and MCAT, are not required for any student who has provided us with an official SAT or ACT score. The ACT score must be at least 26 or SAT score (Math + Critical Reasoning) must be at least 1170. We do not super score.
We will use an Academic Index Score, a score based on a formula determined from the ACT/SAT and the affiliated undergraduate school overall GPA, as the replacement for the MCAT for students applying to the medical college. The DAT is required of all dental school applicants.
For more information or questions about the partnership with Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine, please contact Sharada Buddha, Ph.D., at buddhaFREESXU or 773-298-5242.