Develop the critical thinking, analytical skills, and technical tools to start a rewarding career!
Accountants are essential to determining the current state of a business and finding the best path forward to success for a company. In addition to developing technical skills and knowledge required, students will develop analytical competence which will be useful in a wide variety of careers. Our alumni often begin their careers in tax consulting, audit and assurance services, banking, and a variety of other industries.
- Career Readiness: earn the skills and knowledge to launch your career from day one.
- CPA Preparation: our BBA in Accounting is designed to meet all of the course requirements to take the Certified Public Accountant examination. Continue in our 4 + 1 Masters of Science in Accounting program to meet the 150-credit hour requirement.
- Student Focus: learn from, and work with, faculty who maintain an academic and practitioner focus that translates theory into practice through their intellectual contributions and service to the business community.
- Experiential Learning: take part in our experiential learning opportunities including case competitions and internships.
- Corporate Social Responsibility: become part of a community that encourages and teaches you to be socially responsible and to have ethical management experience.
Preferred Partners with PriceWaterhouseCoopers and Becker CPA Review. Our students go on to work at some of the best firms in Chicago including:
- British Petroleum (BP)
- Ernst and Young (EY)
- Northern Trust
- True Partners Consulting
- William Blair
Pursue a Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting
Students should complete the business core courses as well as the accounting core courses, which totals 120 credit hours. However, in order to qualify to take the CPA exam, students need a total of 150 credit hours. In order to meet this requirement, students should enroll in the 4 + 1 Masters of Science in Accounting program.
If you have additional questions, please contact:
Office of Admission
Phone: 844-GOTO-SXU (844-468-6798)
Success at SXU
Accounting and Finance Major
Class of 2020
Sarah Williams completed a tax internship at Deloitte over the summer 2019, the largest professional services firm in the world. After an amazing summer of learning from some of the most talented tax professionals in business, she was extended a job offer to begin a career with Deloitte Tax in summer of 2020. Though Williams already has a job waiting for her after graduation, her studies and involvement at the University remain the same. She is involved in Registered Student Organizations (RSO) and serves as the president of Women Entering Business, secretary of the Accounting Student Organization, and sits on the Student Advisory Board at the Northwest Community Credit Union here at SXU.