Computer Information Systems Learning Outcomes
Saint Xavier University is dedicated to providing top-quality education that is intentionally designed to develop your skills and expertise as you prepare for the next step in your education or career. The learning outcomes reflect the specific competencies that you will gain from our Computer Information Systems program, while the curriculum map portrays how these competencies will shape and prepare you for the real world.
Students who major in Computer Information Systems should be able to:
- Write programs requiring straightforward logic.
- Decipher programs written by others.
- Create websites using best practices in design, accessibility and flexibility.
- Respond to the user perspective in the development of computer systems.
- Implement standard computer network designs.
- Troubleshoot computer networks.
- Explain the need for security mechanisms in major spheres of computing, including databases, networks, and web applications.
- Design and maintain relational databases.
- Explain the larger social and ethical context of computing.
- Demonstrate independent learning for a variety of computing areas.