Criminal Justice Learning Outcomes
Saint Xavier University is dedicated to providing top-quality education that is intentionally designed to develop your skills and expertise as you prepare for the next step in your education or career. The learning outcomes reflect the specific competencies that you will gain from our criminal justice (CJ) program while the curriculum map portrays how these competencies will shape and prepare you for the real world.
Students will be able to:
- Illustrate an understanding of the moral, philosophical, historical and scientific dimensions of criminal justice issues.
- Explain the basic principles and methods of research in criminal justice.
- Articulate an understanding of criminological theory.
- Describe the interrelationship of the primary components of the criminal justice system: police, courts and corrections.
- Communicate a keen understanding of the social and legal issues facing victims.
- Think critically and communicate effectively about issues in the criminal justice system.