STEM Transfer Advising
What are the benefits of applying for STEM Transfer Advising?
You Will Gain Access to:
- Special events and workshops in support of your college transition and academic success.
- Supplemental math support.
- Transfer resources.
- Personalized STEM pre-advising.
- Computer Science majors will be paired with a Professional Mentor.
- EXPLORE STEM Field Grant
- Professional development opportunities.
- Research internships/externships available.
- Traveling field experience opportunities (Yellowstone National Park and Reis Biological Station).
- Conference travel opportunities for STEM majors.
- STEM Academic Success Coach makes connections between students and mentors, faculty advisors, academic and personal support resources.
The STEM Transfer Advisor will work with community college advisors to assist students so they have a successful transition. It is highly recommended that students apply for this opportunity at least one semester before transferring to SXU.
Students who request STEM Transfer Advising will be encouraged to complete an associate degree at their community college before transferring to SXU.