|Title:||Asst Professorial Lecturer|
|Office:||Warde Academic Center|
Caroline Bruno, FNP, MSN, RN, joined SXU in 2019 as a full-time faculty member. Bruno obtained her multiple degrees in nursing from Loyola University in Chicago. She comes to SXU after working as a nurse practitioner in an academic medical center in Chicago.
Bruno has over ten years of experience as a registered nurse and nurse practitioner in emergency medicine, trauma, plastic surgery, aesthetics, and preoperative medicine. She continues to practice as a nurse practitioner in family practice and men's health. She enjoys spending time with her husband and two sons and is a fishing enthusiast and avid cook in her free time.
M.S. in Nursing, FNP-C
B.S. in Nursing
B.A. in Criminology and Sociology
Areas of Specialization
- Teaching Areas: Professional nurse roles and concepts, nursing research, advanced nursing therapeutics lab, and nursing therapeutics practicum.
- Clinical Expertise/Practice Areas: Emergency medicine, trauma, plastic surgery and aesthetics, and preoperative medicine.
- Research Interests: Emergency department boarding and overcrowding and non-surgical facial rejuvenation.
- Academic Success Coach for the School of Nursing and Health Sciences.
- Certified by the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners.
- Advanced Practice Nurse, Illinois.
- Registered Nurse, Illinois.
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners.
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, Alpha Omnicron Chapter.
- NURS 102: The Professional Nurse: Roles and Concepts
- NURS 318: Concepts in Professional Nursing II
- NURS 383: Introduction to Emergency Nursing
Ogilvie, M. P., Few, J. W., Jr, Tomur, S. S., Teven, C. M., Semersky, A. J., Bruno, C. R., & Kulick, N. T. (2018). Rejuvenating the Face: An Analysis of 100 Absorbable Suture Suspension Patients. Aesthetic Surgery Journal, 38(6), 654-663. https://doi.org/10.1093/asj/sjx202