|Title:||Assoc Prof / Assoc Dean|
|Office:||Warde Academic Center|
Dr. Charlene Bermele joined the SXU family in 2005 after leaving Mercy Hospital, where she had assumed various roles in the acute care setting. Bermele began her career at SXU as director of the nursing lab. In 2013, she transitioned into a full-time faculty position and remained in that role until 2018, at which point she was selected as director of the online nursing programs. Bermele obtained her doctorate from Loyola University and continues to pursue her passion in research on the enhancement of knowledge to nurses, students and the community on domestic violence.
Doctor of Nursing Practice
M.S. in Nursing
Saint Xavier University
B.S. in Nursing
Areas of Specialization
- Teaching Area: Leadership.
- Clinical Expertise/Practice Area: Medical surgical, community and leadership.
- Certified Nurse Educator (CNE)
Chair Specialized Clinical Interests
- Educating nurses and students on the importance of screening and intervening for domestic violence.
- American Nurse Association.
- Illinois Nurse Association.
- National League for Nursing.
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, Alpha Omicron Chapter.