|Title:||Asst Professorial Lecturer|
|Office:||Warde Academic Center|
Christina Kent has been a nurse for 22 years and loves caring for pediatric patients. She's spent the majority of her career on the neonatal pediatric transport team and cherished every minute of it. Kent has transitioned to educating future nurses and sharing her passion for the nursing profession. She hopes to make an impact on as many students as she can. Kent currently teaches sophomore II students and loves their excitement to learn about nursing. She also teaches senior I students pediatric clinicals and simulation lab activities. During her free time, she enjoys spending time watching her three children be involved in sports and activities, reading, and laying by the pool.
Master of Science in Nursing, Nurse Educator
Purdue University Northwest
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Saint Xavier University
Areas of Specialization
Pediatric and neonatal critical care, pediatric pulmonology, immunology and allergy.
Chair Specialized Clinical Interests
- Pediatric emergency and critical care.
- Disaster training.
- NURS 218: Concepts in Professional Nursing I
- NURSP 434: Clinical Practice III, Pediatrics
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, Alpha Omicron Chapter, member.
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing, member.
- Illinois Helps (FEMA), member.
American Academy of Pediatrics Conference (2014). Transport Medicine Poster Presentation: "Unintended Neonatal Hypothermia Post Transport."