|Office:||Warde Academic Center|
Patricia Kelly earned her BSN from Loyola University Chicago in 1981 and MSN with a focus in education from Drexel University in 2006. She is currently a Ph.D. candidate at the University of Missouri - Kansas City. She has worked as a staff nurse in post-partum and newborn nursery, labor and delivery, and neonatal intensive care. Kelly has held roles as a perinatal nurse clinician, nursing supervisor, clinical coordinator, nurse manager, clinical operations manager, and program manager of maternity and newborn services home care. She found her passion for nursing education while in home care and further in the position of nurse educator at a major university medical center in Chicago.
Kelly joined the SXU family in 2006 as a lecturer in the School of Nursing (now School of Nursing and Health Sciences). She has served as clinical placement coordinator and director of undergraduate nursing. Kelly is currently a full-time faculty member in nursing and is committed to nursing student success, faculty development, curriculum design and evaluation methods.
University of Missouri - Kansas City
M.S. in Nursing
Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA
B.S. in Nursing
Loyola University of Chicago
Areas of Specialization
- Teaching Areas: Concepts in nursing, fundamentals of nursing, pharmacology
- Clinical Expertise/Practice Areas: Maternal child nursing
- Research Interests: Teaching critical thinking in nursing
Certified Nurse Educator (CNE)
Curriculum design, evaluation methods, student success
- Illinois Board of Higher Education Nurse Educator Fellow
- Excellence in Nursing Education Award, Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, Alpha Omicron Chapter