George and Eunice McGuire Scholarship
- Application Deadline:
- February 15, 2019
- Amount Range:
- $6,350 - $12,700
- Dr. Meg Carroll
The George and Eunice McGuire Scholarship is open to undergraduate and graduate students in the Education Department (formerly known as the School of Education). This scholarship is funded by the estate of the late Dr. George and Mrs. Eunice McGuire. Past tuition grants have been awarded to one undergraduate and one graduate winner.
The McGuire Scholarship Committee will honor the memory of the late George and Eunice McGuire by selecting a student who exemplifies the qualities of excellence, respect and hospitality. All undergraduate and graduate students in the Saint Xavier University Education Department are eligible to submit an application. Past tuition grants have been awarded to one undergraduate and one graduate winner. The grant is applied towards tuition in the following academic year.
Exact amount of tuition grants depends on available funds from endowments and individual student's account status. Please check with Financial Aid before applying.
- All files, including the application, must be submitted no later than February 15 at 5 p.m.
- Applicants may be undergraduate or graduate students in education.
- Applicants must complete the online application form below.
- Applicants must have a GPA of 2.75 or better.
- Applicants must submit an essay (double-spaced, one to two pages). Please provide specific examples of how you embrace the values of excellence, respect and hospitality and how they relate to your plans for working in the field of education. Upload the essay with the application.
- Complete applications will include the application form and the essay. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
The application form has closed.