Frances Ryan Moran and Margaret Frances Moran Memorial Scholarship
- Application Deadline:
- January 31, 2021
- Amount Range:
- Dr. Sheryl O'Sullivan
The Frances Ryan Moran and Margaret Frances Moran Memorial Scholarship is open to admitted undergraduate students who will be juniors in the Education Department in the 2021-2022 academic year. The scholarship is funded by donations from the family in honor of the Frances Ryan Moran, alumna and valedictorian of the 1911 class of Saint Xavier College, and Margaret Frances Moran, 1949 alumna of Saint Xavier College and recipient of the Sister Dorothy Marie Peschon Award.
The committee of the Frances Ryan Moran and Margaret Frances Moran Scholarship seeks to honor these two exemplary alumnae by helping an admitted Education Department undergraduate student who will be a junior in the 2021-2022 academic year and who possesses the critical qualities of excellence, service and hospitality.
- All files, including the application, must be submitted no later than January 31, 2021.
- Applicants must be undergraduate students in education who will be juniors in the 2021-2022 school year. Preference will be given to applicants who wish to teach art.
- Applicants must complete the online application form below.
- Applicants must have a GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Applicants must submit an essay (double-spaced, one to two pages). Please provide specific examples of how you embrace the values of excellence, service and hospitality and how they relate to your plans for working in the field of education. Preference will be given to students in financial need; describe your financial need. Upload the essay with the application.
- Complete applications will include the application form and the essay. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
*Award amount will vary based on availability of funds and number of scholarships awarded.
The online application form is now closed.