Sylvia M. Schlunk Award
- Application Deadline:
- February 21, 2020
- Amount Range:
- *Up to $1,550
- Janet Brady
The Math Department and Computer Science Department are accepting applications for the 33rd Annual Sylvia M. Schlunk Award. This award is given to a student of one of these departments who has demonstrated interest and dedication in math or computer science. The award can be applied toward tuition, fees, room and board, or living expenses. The award may also be used as reimbursement of tuition for a summer course.
- A declared major in Mathematics, Mathematics with Secondary Education, Computer Science or Computer Studies and must have completed 75 hours toward graduation by the end of the current semester.
- Mathematics, Mathematics with Secondary Education or Computer Science majors must have completed a minimum of 27 semester hours in the major by the end of the current semester.
- Computer Studies majors must have completed 24 hours in the major by the end of the current semester.
- Transfer students must have completed or have in progress 12 semester hours in the major at Saint Xavier.
- Seniors who are completing their final semester in fall enrolled in at least six semester hours may also apply.
The application consists of your name, major, date started at SXU and expected date of graduation. You must also include a one- to two-page response to a question. The question for 2020 is "Why should everyone take a computer science or math course?".
Submit your application to Rebecca Shalack in room S-212 of the Warde Academic Center, or email it to email@example.com with subject line "Sylvia Schlunk Award."
Announcement of the recipient will be made at the College of Arts and Sciences Awards Ceremony. The award will be effective for the following academic year.
*Award amount will vary based on availability of funds and number of scholarships awarded.
The online application form is now closed.