Sylvia M. Schlunk Award
- Application Deadline:
- Amount Range:
- *Amount Varies
The Math Departement and the Computer Science Department are accepting applications for the annual Sylvia M. Schlunk Award. This award is given to a student of one of these departments who has demonstrated interest and dedication in math or computer science. The award can be applied toward tuition, fees, housing and food, or living expenses. The award may also be used as reimbursement of tuition for a summer course.
- A declared major in Mathematics, Mathematics with Secondary Education, Computer Science or Computer Studies and must have completed 75 hours toward graduation by the end of the current semester.
- Mathematics, Mathematics with Secondary Education or Computer Science majors must have completed a minimum of 27 semester hours in the major by the end of the current semester.
- Computer Studies majors must have completed 24 hours in the major by the end of the current semester.
- Transfer students must have completed or have in progress 12 semester hours in the major at Saint Xavier.
- Seniors who are completing their final semester in fall enrolled in at least six semester hours may also apply.
You must write a one- to two-page response to these questions:
- What should every college graduate know about mathematics and/or computers? and
- How do you think your experiences at SXU will influence your professional goals and values in your chosen field?
Announcement of the recipient will be made at the College of Liberal Arts and Education Awards Ceremony. The award will be effective for the following academic year.
*Students applying for financial aid are automatically considered for these funds. Selection is based on a student’s match with a donor’s criteria. There is no separate application process.