Vera F. Clough Endowed Scholarship
- Application Deadline:
- Amount Range:
- *Amount Varies
Thanks to the generosity of Sister Joy Clough, R.S.M., '65, this endowed scholarship has been established to honor the memory of her mother.
Assisting a Saint Xavier University undergraduate student according to the following criteria:
- The student must be enrolled as a full-time student,
- Maintain a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 and,
- Serve as a Mercy Heritage Minister during the academic year in which the scholarship will be awarded.
The student selected to receive the Vera F. Clough Mercy Heritage Scholarship will work with others to enhance student understanding and appreciation of Saint Xavier University's Mercy heritage. To this end, the Vera F. Clough Mercy Heritage Minister will:
- Deepen his/her knowledge of the University's Mercy heritage and of the spirit and mission of the Sisters of Mercy.
- Contribute to or provide an introduction of the University's mercy heritage to incoming SXU students.
- Assist student leaders to understand and articulate the University's Mercy heritage in conjunction with their roles.
- Promote student participation in Mercy heritage events at Saint Xavier University.
- Encourage and assist with Mercy heritage presentations during appropriate student programs/activities.
- Create and facilitate opportunities for students to interact with Sisters of Mercy and other champions of SXU's Mercy heritage.
*Students applying for financial aid are automatically considered for these funds. Selection is based on a student’s match with a donor’s criteria. There is no separate application process.