Education and Resources
Saint Xavier University takes its compliance obligations very seriously. Prevention programs include an overview of the University's policies and procedures; relevant definitions, including prohibited conduct; discussion of the impact of alcohol and illegal drug use; effective consent; effective options for bystander intervention; and other information about risk reduction.
The University's primary prevention programs and ongoing prevention and awareness campaigns cover the following notifications, trainings, workshops and events include, but not limited to:
- Annual notification of the Policy to all students and available resources during Orientation
- All new first year and transfer undergraduate students complete an online bystander intervention education program, called U Got This!, offered by Catharsis Productions.
- Annual bystander intervention campaigns and workshops provided to incoming students each fall semester hosted by Catharsis Programs such as Sex Signals, The Hook Up, and Beat the Blame Game
- Campus-wide events such as It's On Us Campaign, the Red Flag Campaign, The Clothesline Project, Denim Day, Sexual Assault Awareness Month (April), Domestic Violence Awareness Month (October), One Love, Walk a Mile in Her Shoes, Polished Man, and Take Back the Night
Faculty and Staff
- Annual notification of the Policy and available resources.
- Annual training for all Title IX Staff and Behavior Intervention Team (Care Team) Members.
- Annual training for University faculty and staff who serve as part of the Grievance Process Pool. This training includes, but is not limited to, dating violence, domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking; how to conduct investigations and hearings; protecting victim safety and promoting accountability.
- Annual training for advisors of registered student organizations
- All SXU faculty and staff complete the online course, "Report=Support!" offered by Catharsis Productions
The following emails have been sent out from the SXU Title IX Coordinator regarding updates to and information about Title IX.
- Title IX Policy Updates, sent on September 1, 2020 to all faculty, staff and students.
- Notice of Rights Under Title IX, sent on August 18, 2022 to all faculty, staff and students.
- Fulfilling Your Role as a Mandated Reporter, sent on September 1, 2022 to all faculty and staff.