Saint Xavier University will offer and implement appropriate and reasonable supportive measures to the parties upon notice of alleged sexual harassment and/or retaliation.
Supportive measures are non-disciplinary, non-punitive individualized services offered as appropriate, as reasonably available, and without fee or charge to the parties to restore or preserve access to Saint Xavier University's education program or activity, including measures designed to protect the safety of all parties or Saint Xavier University's educational environment, and/or deter sexual harassment and/or retaliation.
The Title IX Coordinator promptly makes supportive measures available to the parties upon receiving notice or a complaint. At the time that supportive measures are offered, Saint Xavier University will inform the Complainant, in writing, that they may file a formal complaint with Saint Xavier University either at that time or in the future, if they have not done so already. The Title IX Coordinator works with the Complainant to ensure that their wishes are taken into account with respect to the supportive measures that are planned and implemented.
Saint Xavier University will maintain the privacy of the supportive measures, provided that privacy does not impair Saint Xavier University's ability to provide the supportive measures. Saint Xavier University will act to ensure as minimal an academic/occupational impact on the parties as possible.
Saint Xavier University will implement measures in a way that does not unreasonably burden the other party.
These actions may include, but are not limited to:
- Referral to counseling, medical, and/or other health care services
- Referral to the Employee Assistance Program
- Referral to community-based service providers
- Student financial aid counseling
- Education to the institutional community or community subgroup(s)
- Altering campus housing assignment(s)
- Altering work arrangements for employees or student-employees
- Safety planning
- Providing campus safety escorts
- Providing transportation accommodations
- Implementing contact limitations (no contact directives) between the parties
- Academic support, extensions of deadlines, or other course/program-related adjustments
- Timely warnings
- Class schedule modifications, withdrawals, or leaves of absence
- Increased security and monitoring of certain areas of the campus
- Any other actions deemed appropriate by the Title IX Coordinator