Center for International Education
Studying abroad can be one of the most memorable experiences of your life. It allows students the opportunity to learn about the world and other cultures through first hand experiences.
Studying abroad can help you learn to speak another language, to appreciate other cultures along with your own and to challenge yourself. You can learn to take initiatives, communicate despite barriers, handle new or difficult situations, adapt to new environments and appreciate diversity. Moreover, it can be a great path to self-discovery and looks great on a resume!
Experience an international education through study abroad. SXU offers its own select study abroad options and has partnered with various providers to offer additional locations for students to choose from.
- Proficiency in a foreign language is not required.
- Scholarships and financial aid may be used towards the cost of a program abroad.
- Students must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 to study abroad. (Some programs may require a higher GPA.)
- Students are encouraged to study abroad prior to their junior year, to ensure that all courses taken while abroad count towards your Saint Xavier University degree.
Spending a semester abroad in Tokyo was one of the best decisions I have ever made ... The classes I took were academically stimulating and enriching ... Riding the train, enjoying the night-life, singing Karaoke and spending time with my friends were all part of my everyday life in Japan. I would recommend studying abroad to anyone who wants to expand their worldview and have a great experience.
Study abroad is Available During:
- Fall Semester
- Spring Semester
- Academic Year
- Winter Break
- Summer Sessions
- Faculty-led, course-based programs
Choosing to study abroad is one of the most important decisions you can make.
Application DeadlinesFall Semester: July 1
Spring Semester: November 1
Summer Semester: April 1
Contact the Center for International Education
Kelly Reidy, Director
- Phone: 773-298-3780
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org