Our project timelines should be considered as a guide to assist you in planning accordingly the time needed to properly promote your event or news.
Please be mindful and provide adequate time for us to fulfill your request, as well as give yourself the appropriate amount of time to successfully promote to your target audience(s).
UR Project Timelines
- All design projects are subject to one design change request and two rounds of prooﬁng before they are entered back into the pipeline and given a new timeline.
- University Relations recommends completed and approved text/information be submitted with your project request to help keep with project timelines.
- All print and web text will follow the University-wide Content Style Guide.
- Rush projects will be accepted only when there is time to accommodate the project; otherwise, projects that don't allow adequate time are subject to rejection.
- All outside vendors need to be selected or approved by University Relations
- All use of the SXU logo must be approved by University Relations.
- University Relations will promote events but is not expected to attend all campus events.
Please send all requests to firstname.lastname@example.org, unless otherwise stated below, and you will receive a response and expected timeline within 24 hours.
Please note that this time does not include proofreading and time to print.
|Flyers (8 1/2 x 11)||
New design: 2 weeks
Only content change: 1 week
|Invitations||4 weeks before mailing*|
|Mailing Lists||1-2 weeks **|
|Posters (11 x 17)||2 weeks|
|*Mailing with nonprofit stamps takes two additional weeks to post.
** Please specify if you have a mailing list or if one must be purchased for the project.
**University Relations will only pay for mailing lists if part of the approved marketing and recruiting plans. If a list needs to be purchased beyond what has been budgeted, the requestor will be responsible for securing the purchased mailing list.
|Flyer/Postcard/Form||1-2 business days|
|3 or 4 Panel Standard Brochure||2-3 business days|
|Anything Larger||5-7 business days|
|Bulk Emails||1 week*|
|OU Approvals||2-3 business days|
|Email Template||3 business days|
|Email/Web Page Headers||2-3 business days|
|Registration Form Creation||2 weeks (at least)**|
|*Requests must be submitted through the correct form.
**Setting up payment options can add up to 2 weeks to production time.
|Social Media Timelines|
|Facebook Event Page||2-3 weeks in advance|
|Social Media Post||1 week in advance*|
|*Content and any visuals must be included in the request for consideration.|
|Digital Screens Timelines|
|Digital Monitor Slide||2 weeks|
|Photo and Video Timelines|
|Video||Consultation required. Please fill out the Video Project Proposal Form and a timeline will be provided based on the project scope.|
Requests will be serviced in the order of which they are received. Due to the extensive process involved in producing photo and video projects, Production Services reserves the right to alter the date of completion based on project requirements and workload at the time. Please consult Production Services at email@example.com with questions regarding specific projects.