The online degree completion program in Applied Communication allows the student to complete the required thirty hours for the major in 21 months. This major will prepare you for a rewarding career in today's information economy. Whether you hope to manage communication strategies for a non-profit, develop public relations and social media for a major corporation, a major in Applied Communication will prepare you for a rewarding career.
Learn more about the Applied Communication program below:
What skills will I gain as a communication major?
- Compelling communication skills: You will create effective audience-centered messages.
- Critical analysis: You will interpret and critically respond to mediated and non-mediated messages.
- Oral communication skills You will present messages in multiple communication modalities and contexts.
- Research skills: You will locate, evaluate and utilize credible information from various sources to develop your own perspective on current issues and trends.
- Problem-Solving: You will become an experienced learner who is able to identify new problems and solve them.
- Professionalism: You will be prepared to interact confidently with others in a global workplace.
Why study Strategic and Applied Communication at Saint Xavier?
- This practical, skill-based program utilizes expert faculty and online research tools to help you develop communication skills and knowledge.
- The core concepts of Applied Communication are taught through application. At Saint Xavier, you will combine coursework with practical experiences that can be applied to your current or future career.
- Saint Xavier offers a convenient online program that can be completed in five terms.
- While online, the classes encourage interaction and camaraderie among program members through online groups, discussion boards and video chatting. SXU promotes a strong sense of community, developing friendships and connections that will last long after you have graduated.
- SXU has been a part of the life of Chicago for nearly two centuries. Generations of SXU communication students have gone on to work in non-profits, public relations firms, governmental public affairs offices and other corporate communication operations.
Online and on campus courses
Combination of 8 and 16 week courses
If you have additional questions, please contact:
Office of Admission
Phone: 844-GOTO-SXU (844-468-6798)
Want to know more about graduate programs at Saint Xavier University? Please fill out the form below!
Contact the Office of Admission
- Toll Free: 844-GOTO-SXU (844-468-6798)
- Fax: 773-298-3076
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- M-T: 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
F: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
S: 9 a.m. - Noon