B.A. in Applied Communication
The online degree completion program in Applied Communication allows the student to complete the required thirty hours for the major in 21 months. This major will prepare you for a rewarding career in today's information economy. Whether you hope to manage communication strategies for a non-profit, develop public relations and social media for a major corporation, a major in Applied Communication will prepare you for a rewarding career.
FormatOnline and on campus courses
Program Length18 months
Credit Hours30 hours
Start DatesProgram starts for new students at the beginning of every Fall or Spring semester
CostTuition Per Credit Hour: $475
Credit Hours to Complete: 30
Approximate Cost: $14, 250
What skills will I gain as a communication major?
- Compelling communication skills: You will create effective audience-centered messages.
- Critical analysis: You will interpret and critically respond to mediated and non-mediated messages.
- Oral communication skills You will present messages in multiple communication modalities and contexts.
- Research skills: You will locate, evaluate and utilize credible information from various sources to develop your own perspective on current issues and trends.
- Problem-Solving: You will become an experienced learner who is able to identify new problems and solve them.
- Professionalism: You will be prepared to interact confidently with others in a global workplace.
Why study Strategic and Applied Communication at Saint Xavier?
- This practical, skill-based program utilizes expert faculty and online research tools to help you develop communication skills and knowledge.
- The core concepts of Applied Communication are taught through application. At Saint Xavier, you will combine coursework with practical experiences that can be applied to your current or future career.
- Saint Xavier offers a convenient online program that can be completed in five terms.
- While online, the classes encourage interaction and camaraderie among program members through online groups, discussion boards and video chatting. SXU promotes a strong sense of community, developing friendships and connections that will last long after you have graduated.
- SXU has been a part of the life of Chicago for nearly two centuries. Generations of SXU communication students have gone on to work in non-profits, public relations firms, governmental public affairs offices and other corporate communication operations.