Interdisciplinary Gerontology Studies
Gerontology is the study of the biological, psychological and sociological aspects of aging. It is a multidisciplinary field of study that draws on the expertise of many disciplines including business, nursing, communication, the arts, sociology and psychology. This field of study combines the knowledge from multiple disciplines which afford a broad perspective and deeper understanding of the conditions that affect the older adult.
There are multiple career opportunities for those that study Gerontology. When you engage in either the Gerontology Major or Gerontology Minor, students can tailor their coursework meet their academic and career goals.
With this major, you will be able to:
- Meet the high demand of the increasing adults over the age of 65 in the U.S. and globally, which creates more opportunities for services and programs designed to meet their needs.
- Work with older adults as clients, patients, partners, employers and employees, regardless of your chosen career.
- Engage with unique older adults who will share their lifetime of experiences.
- Explore a variety of expertise and perspectives from across departments that enhance your way of thinking.
- A customized internship is offered that prepares you for your career in gerontology.
- While online, the classes encourage interaction and camaraderie among students and faculty members through online groups, discussion boards and video chatting.
- SXU promotes a strong sense of community, developing friendships and connections that will last long after you have graduated.
- SXU offers a convenient program with both in class and online courses that address the needs of today's student.
Gerontology MinorLearn more
Want to know more about graduate programs at Saint Xavier University? Please fill out the form below!
Contact the Office of Admission
- Toll Free: 844-GOTO-SXU (844-468-6798)
- Fax: 773-298-3076
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- M-T: 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
F: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
S: 9 a.m. - Noon