Interdisciplinary Gerontology Studies
Set Yourself Apart
Advance your Career
A variety of fields
Gerontology is the study of the biological, psychological and sociological aspects of aging. Gerontology is a multidisciplinary field of study that draws on the expertise of many disciplines including business, hospitality, nursing, communication, medicine, art/film, sociology, psychology, finance. It is an interdisciplinary field in which two or more disciplines are intertwined such as gerontological nursing, elder law, gero-psychology and gerontology education. See the video or read below for more information.
There are multiple career opportunities when you major in gerontology studies. With a gerontology major, you can tailor your coursework to meet your academic and career goals.
With this major, you will be able to:
- Meet the high demand of the increasing adults over the age of 65 in the U.S. and globally, which creates more opportunities for services and programs designed to meet their needs.
- Work with older adults as clients, patients, partners, employers and employees, regardless of your chosen career.
- Engage with unique older adults who will share their lifetime of experiences.
- See success in how you engage with and meet the needs of an older adult.
Why study Gerontology at Saint Xavier University?
- Explore a variety of expertise and perspectives from across departments that enhance your way of thinking.
- A customized internship is offered that prepares you for your career in gerontology.
- While online, the classes encourage interaction and camaraderie among students and faculty members through online groups, discussion boards and video chatting.
- SXU promotes a strong sense of community, developing friendships and connections that will last long after you have graduated.
- SXU offers a convenient program with both in class and online courses that address the needs of today's student.
Online and on campus, combination of 8 week and 16 week courses
If you have additional questions, please contact:
Office of Admission
Phone: 844-GOTO-SXU (844-468-6798)
Want to know more about degree completion programs at Saint Xavier University? Please fill out the form below!