Ethical Recruitment Policy
Ethical Recruitment of Students to Saint Xavier University:
Purpose: The purpose of this policy is to ensure compliance with Federal law to prevent and eliminate fraud and high-pressure, aggressive recruitment tactics of students, including but not limited to, United States veterans and members of the armed forces.
Policy: SXU is committed to providing a clear and transparent admission process for all students including service members. The University adheres to Federal regulations (34 CFR 668.14, 668.18, and 668.71-668.75), the Department of Defense (DoD) Voluntary Education Partnership Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), the Higher Learning Commission’s “Recruiting, Admissions, and Related Institutional Practices” policy, as well as the National Association of College Admission Counseling’s “Guide to Ethical Practice in College Admission”.
Saint Xavier University shall:
- Ban inducements, including any gratuity, favor, discount, entertainment, hospitality, loan, transportation, lodging, meals, or other item having a monetary value of more than a de minimis amount, to any individual or entity, or its agents including third party lead generators or marketing firms other than salaries paid to employees or fees paid to contractors in conformity with all applicable laws for the purpose of securing enrollments of Service members or obtaining access to tuition assistance funds. Educational institution sponsored scholarships or grants and tuition reductions available to military students are permissible.
- Refrain from providing any commission, bonus, or other incentive payment based directly or indirectly on securing enrollments or federal financial aid (including tuition assistance funds) to any persons or entities engaged in any student recruiting, admission activities, or making decisions regarding the award of student financial assistance.
- Refrain from high-pressure recruitment tactics such as making multiple unsolicited contacts (3 or more), including contacts by phone, email, or in-person, and engaging in same day recruitment and registration for the purpose of securing Service member enrollments.
- Utilize only appointed and trained employees, students, and alumni to represent the University in recruiting and enrolling students when in direct contact with the applicant, parents/guardians, or spouse.
- Prohibit substantial misrepresentation of the University’s programs, cost, or employability of its graduates.