Joliet Junior College and Saint Xavier University Guaranteed Admission Transfer Partnership
Saint Xavier University (SXU) and Joliet Junior College (JJC) are thrilled to offer a Guaranteed Admission Transfer Partnership. Both institutions see this as a means of increasing access to and success in educational programs for all students, especially the underrepresented.
How can JJC students benefit from this partnership?
Not only do SXU-bound JJC students receive the opportunity to earn two degrees --
an associate degree from JJC and bachelor's degree from SXU -- they conveniently receive
on-campus access to SXU transfer resources and support hosted on each Joliet Junior
College campus to facilitate college retention and transition to SXU.
SXU-JJC students who qualify can also partake in the following:
- Students who earn a minimum 3.75 cumulative GPA are eligible to apply to SXU's Honors Program.
- Those participating in the Guaranteed Admission Transfer Partnership will be awarded the Preferred Partnership Scholarship and have the opportunity to apply for the Full-Time Scholarship.
- JJC students will be invited to attend special events and workshops in support of their college transition and academic success.
- For SXU undergraduate students planning to pursue SXU's graduate Speech-Language Pathology program, SXU offers students a direct admission process.
How will SXU prepare JJC students for success?
The Saint Xavier University Transfer Student Services Center and the Office of Admission are both committed to the academic success of all transfer students and look forward to the new partnership with Joliet Junior College by creating a seamless transition for all JJC transfer students.
To further prepare students, SXU will:
- Create clear and concise transfer guides for students to follow to guarantee a smooth transition to SXU, which will include mapping out a suggested eight-semester plan for students hoping to graduate with a bachelor's degree in four years.
- Arrange faculty meetings for JJC students who have questions regarding the major.
- Connect JJC students with SXU financial aid counselors prior to transferring to SXU for a better understanding on how to finance their education.
- Guide JJC students about the transfer process, which starts with the JJC student applying at least one semester out. With the Guaranteed Admission Transfer Partnership, the student will work with an SXU contact person early on by offering financial counseling, dual advising and the benefit of guaranteed admissions.
Any questions regarding this partnership may be sent to Eileen Luce, director of Transfer Student Services Center, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participate in the JJC/SXU Guaranteed Admission Transfer Partnership
To take full advantage of this partnership, interested students at the Joliet Junior College (JJC) should complete the Guaranteed Admission Participation Form as early as possible in their studies at JJC. Details and instructions are listed on the form.