South Suburban College and Saint Xavier University Guaranteed Admission Transfer Partnership
Why is this partnership between South Suburban College and Saint Xavier University meaningful and beneficial?
Saint Xavier University (SXU) and South Suburban College (SSC) are thrilled to offer a Guaranteed Admission Transfer Partnership. Both institutions see this as a means of increasing access to and success in educational programs for all students and especially underrepresented students.
What can South Suburban College students expect to benefit from as a result of this partnership?
Not only do SXU-bound SSC students receive the opportunity to earn two degrees -- an associate degree from SSC and a bachelor's degree from SXU, they conveniently receive on-campus access to SXU transfer resources and support hosted on each South Suburban College campus to facilitate college retention and transition to SXU.
SXU-SSC students who qualify can also partake in the following:
- Students who earn a minimum 3.75 cumulative GPA are eligible to apply to SXU's Honors Program.
- SSC students will be given every consideration for financial assistance and be eligible for one or more scholarships at SXU. Those participating in the transfer partnership agreement will be awarded the Preferred Partnership Scholarship and have the opportunity to apply for the Full-Time Scholarship.
- SSC students will be invited to attend special events and workshops in support of their college transition and academic success.
- For SXU undergraduate students planning to pursue SXU's graduate Speech-Language Pathology program, SXU offers students a direct admission process.
How will SXU prepare SSC students for success?
The Saint Xavier University Transfer Student Services Center and the Office of Admission are both committed to the academic success of all transfer students and look forward to the new partnership with South Suburban College by creating a seamless transition for all SSC transfer students.
To further prepare students, SXU will:
- Create clear and concise transfer guides for students to follow to guarantee a smooth transition to SXU, which will include mapping out a suggested eight-semester plan for students hoping to graduate with a bachelor's degree in four years.
- Arrange faculty meetings for SSC students who have questions regarding the major.
- Connect SSC students with SXU financial aid counselors prior to transferring to SXU for a better understanding on how to finance their education.
- Guide SSC students about the transfer process, which starts with the SSC student applying at least one semester out. With the Guaranteed Admission Transfer Partnership, the student will work with an SXU contact person early on by offering financial counseling, dual advising and the benefit of guaranteed admissions.
Any questions regarding this partnership may be addressed to Eileen Luce, director of Transfer Student Services Center, luceFREESXU.
How to Participate in the SSC/SXU guaranteed admission transfer Partnership
To take full advantage of this agreement, interested students at the South Suburban College (SSC) should complete the Guaranteed Admission Participation Form as early as possible in their studies at SSC. Details and instructions are listed on the form.