Triton College and Saint Xavier University Guaranteed Admission Transfer Partnership
Why is this partnership between Triton College and Saint Xavier University meaningful and beneficial?
Saint Xavier University (SXU) and Triton College (TC) are thrilled to offer a Guaranteed Admission Transfer Partnership. Both institutions see this as a means of increasing access to and success in educational programs for all students, especially the underrepresented.
What can Triton College students expect to benefit from as a result of this partnership?
Not only do SXU-bound TC students receive the opportunity to earn two degrees -- an associate degree from TC and a bachelor's degree from SXU -- but they conveniently receive on-campus access to SXU transfer resources and support hosted on each Triton College campus to facilitate college retention and transition to SXU.
SXU-TC students who qualify can also partake in the following:
- Students who earn a minimum 3.50 cumulative GPA are eligible to apply to SXU's Honors Program.
- TC students will be given every consideration for financial assistance and be eligible for one or more scholarships at SXU. Those participating in the Transfer Partnership Agreement will have the opportunity to qualify for the SXU Full-Tuition Scholarship. Triton College students are also encouraged to apply to the Preferred Partnership Scholarship.
- Triton College students will be invited to attend special events and workshops in support of their college transition and academic success.
- For SXU undergraduate students planning to pursue SXU's graduate Speech-Language Pathology program, SXU offers you a direct admission process.
How will SXU prepare TC students for success?
The Saint Xavier University Transfer Student Services Center and the Office of Admission are both committed to the academic success of all transfer students. We look forward to the new partnership with Triton College and strive to make the transition seamless for all TC transfer students.
To further prepare students, SXU will:
- Create clear and concise transfer guides for students to follow to guarantee a smooth transition to SXU, which will include mapping out a suggested eight-semester plan for students hoping to graduate with a bachelor's degree in four years.
- Arrange faculty meetings for TC students who have questions regarding their major.
- Connect TC students with SXU financial aid counselors prior to transferring to SXU, for a better understanding on how to finance their education.
- Guide TC students about the transfer process, which starts with the TC student applying at least one semester out. With the Guaranteed Admission Partnership Agreement, the student will work with an SXU contact early on who will offer financial counseling, dual advising and the benefit of guaranteed admissions.
Any questions regarding this partnership may be addressed to Eileen Luce, director of Transfer Student Services Center, at luceFREESXU.
How to Participate in the TC/SXU Dual Degree Partnership Agreement
To take full advantage of this agreement, interested students at the Triton College (TC) should complete the Guaranteed Admission Program - Triton College Form as early as possible in their studies at TC. Details and instructions are listed on the form.