Transfer credit is evaluated by the Office of Records and Advising. All transfer credit is subject to validation by the academic departments. The validation may include an evaluation of the course itself, competency testing or a request for additional documentation such as a course syllabus or catalog description.
Courses in some academic disciplines taken prior to specified dates may be unacceptable as transfer credit because of substantial developments in certain disciplines. Academic departments determine which transfer courses have an equivalent course at SXU.
The following transfer policy should be noted:
- Courses acceptable for transfer credit must carry a grade of D or better. A grade of C or better is required where grades of C or better is a requirement by Saint Xavier University.
- Grade-point averages are not transferable.
- SXU will accept a maximum of 70 credit hours from community colleges and no more than 90 credit hours from a baccalaureate college/university to be counted toward the 120 credit-hour requirement for a bachelor's degree here at SXU.
- SXU will accept up to 12 credit hours of transfer credit in academic fields not within the University's curriculum.
- Saint Xavier University is a participant in the Illinois Articulation Initiative. You may learn more information on the Illinois Articulation Initiative website, which will then direct you toward this section of the catalog.
- All documents submitted for transfer analysis becomes the property of Saint Xavier University and cannot be returned or copied.