Eligibility for Financial Aid
To qualify for financial aid, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
- Have a high school diploma, GED certificate or have completed a state-approved home school high school education.
- Be admitted to a program leading to a certificate or degree.
- Not admitted? Apply for Admission online.
- Be enrolled at least half time each term.
- Note: select federal and state programs allow less than half time enrollment; certain institutional programs require full time enrollment.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress in your course of study.
- Not be in default on any federal loan or owe a repayment on any federal grant.
- Comply with federal regulations governing the use of funds for educational purposes.
How many hours should I be enrolled in?
|Full time||12 or more credit hours|
|3/4 time||9 to 11 credit hours|
|Half time||6 to 8 credit hours|
|Full time||At least 6 credit hours|
|Half time||3 to 5.5 credit hours|