Below are frequently asked questions (FAQs) about payment options and Self-Service.
A person other than the student may have the ability to view the Self-Service option as an authorized user.
Students must set up authorized payer accounts to allow others, such as parents, spouses, or employers, to view their bills and make online payments toward their student account. To set up an authorized payer account, follow the instructions below:
- Log onto mySXU and go to Self-Service and click on "View Account and Make Payments" In the "Authorized Payers" section, click "Add New." Choose a login name for the authorized payer (a unique login name for that person), enter their email address and pick a temporary password for their account. Click "OK" to create the account. If the login name is already taken by another user, you'll see the error message "Parent PIN already exists," and you'll need to choose a different login name.
- When the authorized payer logs into their account, they will need to create a new password and then will be able to view your bills and make payments to your account.
*Authorized Users will need a separate "Guardian Account" for CLAWS in order to Make a Cougar Card Deposit. Requests for these Guardian Accounts are made on Self-Service on mySXU under the User Account section.
No. The authorized payer can print a copy of the bill via the Internet and mail his/her payment (check or money order) along with the remittance portion of the printed bill to the The Office of the Bursar. Make the check payable to Saint Xavier University and include the student's ID number on the check.
The Office of the Bursar
Saint Xavier University
3700 West 103rd Street
Chicago, IL 60655
- Master Card, Visa, Discover and American Express On-Line
- Cash, check or money order accepted at the Office of the Bursar
Credit Card Service Fee
Effective July 1, 2013
- Office of the Bursar: cash, check, money order
- Online self service portal: e-check, Mastercard, Visa, American Express or Discover credit cards