Award for Faculty Service
The Saint Xavier University Award recognizes a faculty member who, through teaching, scholarship, and service has furthered the mission of Saint Xavier University both within SXU and to the larger academic, civic and religious communities and who has consistently embodied the University's Catholic and Mercy identity by "serving wisely and compassionately in support of human dignity and the common good." The award will be presented on Mission Day.
Candidates must be full-time, or portion of full-time faculty members at Saint Xavier University.
- Recognizes the uniqueness of a faith based institution of higher education and values and promotes "dialogue between faith and reason."
- Makes a significant contribution to teaching
- Addresses substantive issues in the civic or faith communities
- Fosters positive relationships among Saint Xavier, the broader academic world, and the community at large
- Contributes to ongoing university commitments to service for others, reflecting the spirituality of Sisters of Mercy Foundress Catherine McAuley and the social justice tradition of the Church.
Who May Nominate
Nominations are encouraged from faculty peers, staff and students. Potential candidates may nominate themselves.
- Fill out the nomination form.
- Please submit nominations to the Office for Mission and Heritage, Mercy Ministry Center, Front Desk.
- The selection committee reviews all nominations and submits a recommendation to the University president for a final decision.
|2023||Nipah Onkananuwonk, M.S.|
||Cindy Grobmeier, M.A.|
|2021||Kathleen Alaimo, Ph.D.|
|2020||Bindhu Alappat, Ph.D.|
|2019||Zepure Samawi, RN, Ph.D.|
|2018||Karen Benjamin, Ph.D.
Peter Kirstein, Ph.D.
|2017||Gina Rossetti, Ph.D.|
|2016||Karen Wood, Ph.D.|
|2015||Kathleen McInerney, Ph.D.|
|2014||Arunas Dagys, D.A.|
|2013||Peter Hilton, Ph.D.|
|2012||William Kresse, J.D.|
|2011||Judith Hiltner, Ph.D.|
|2010||Michael O'Keeffe, Ph.D.|
|2008-2009||Margaret Bogacz, D.A.|
|2007||Michael Flahive, Ph.D.|
|2006||Jan Bickel, D.M.A.|
|2005||Eileen Quinn Knight, Ph.D.|
|2004||Monzurul Hoque, Ph.D.|
|2003||Sandra Burkhardt, Ph.D.|
|2002||Gail Harris-Schmidt, Ph.D.|
|2001||Dale Fast, Ph.D.|
|2000||Angelo Bonadonna, Ph.D.|
|1999||Stanley Boyer, Ph.D.|
|1998||Julie McNellis, Ph.D.|
|1997||Joan L. Klein, R.N., M.S.|
|1996||Avis Clendenen, D.Min., Ph.D.|
|1995||Nancy Goodfellow, M.S.|
|1994||Sister M. Dominic Merwick, R.S.M., M.A.|
|1993||JoAnn Gruca, R.N., Ph.D.|
|1992||Mary Lederer Roby, Ph.D.|
|1991||Sister Marion Johnson, R.S.M., M.S.|
|1990||Darlene O'Callaghan, R.N., M.S.N.|
|1989||Margaret K. Carroll, Ed.D.|
|1988||Faisal Rahman, Ph.D.|
|1987||Joanne Fleming, M.S.|
|1986||Dorothy M. Binder, Ph.D.|
|1985||Mary Lebold, R.N., Ed.D.|
|1984||Sister M. Denis O'Grady, R.S.M., Ph.D.|
|1983||Hassan Haddad, Ph.D.|
|1982||Sister M. Antonine Ludden, R.S.M.|
|1981||Lois Neville, M.A.|