Mother Paulita Morris, R.S.M. Student Mission Award
The Mother Paulita Morris, R.S.M., Student Mission Award recognizes a student whose exemplary service and leadership both at Saint Xavier and in other educational, civic, and religious communities, beyond SXU have embodied the university's core values and it's Catholic/Mercy mission in ways that contribute to making SXU a better place to study and learn. The award will be presented on Mission Day, Wednesday, March 21, 2018, at 3:30 p.m. in the Butler Reception Room.
Candidates must be currently enrolled Saint Xavier University students carrying a minimum of six credit hours.
- Has a cumulative grade-point average of 2.5 or higher.
- Demonstrates past Saint Xavier University student leadership efforts as well as church and civic community service efforts.
Who May Nominate
Nominations are encouraged from fellow students, faculty members, staff members. Potential awardees may nominate themselves. Nominations must be submitted to the Office of Mission and Heritage, Mercy Ministry Center, Front Desk.
The deadline for student nominations is noon on Friday, February 2, 2018.
- Download and complete the Nomination Form (PDF), or pick one up in the Office of Mission and Heritage, Mercy Ministry Center, Front Desk.
- The Coordinator of Mission Programming will notify students of their nomination for the award.
- Students who are nominated then need to download and complete the Application Form (PDF), or pick one up in the Office of Mission and Heritage, Mercy Ministry Center, Front Desk.
- The Selection Committee reviews all materials and submits a recommendation which is forwarded to the University president for a final decision.
- The deadline for applications is noon on Friday, February 16, 2018.
Further information, if needed, is available at 773-298-3440.
Note: The award recipient will receive a small honorarium. And though demonstrated financial need is not a requirement for this award, in accordance with federal government regulations, if a recipient qualified for and accepts Perkins Loan, Stafford Loan, FWS or SEOG funds, the University reserves the right to adjust the recipient's financial aid in order for the total amount of aid to not exceed the amount of demonstrated need.
|2017||Rachel Weis||2000||Paul Bear|
|2016||Kathy Rodriguez||1999||Chris Barry and
|2015||Megan Lavelle||1998||Dominic Petruzzelli|
|2014||Jessica Muñoz||1997||Julie Anne Wogan|
|2013||Kelly Mihalik||1996||Elizabeth Moore|
|2012||Joseph Roccasalva||1995||Bruce Good Hunter, Jr.|
|2011||Aarika Zarnick||1994||David Nance|
|Mark Piper||1993||Caroline Cherian|
|2008-2009||Jennifer Betcher||1992||Marie Kole|
|2007||Joana Beituni||1991||Amanda AlHamad|
|2006||Adeeb F. Odeh||1990||Margaret Rose McDonnell|
|2005||James Bruton and
Laura Le Compte
|2004||Sean Gross||1988||Mary Carol Bond|
|2003||Jenifer Huestis||1987||Clare Gallagher|
|2002||Lee Ann Steinfeldt||1986||Regina M. Pence|
|2001||Amber Stevens||1985||RoseMarie A. Gould|