Develop the critical thinking, analytical and communication skills, and state of the art financial knowledge to start a rewarding career!
Case studies and internships
6% expected growth
In job rate from 2018-28*
Academics and Practitioners
Develop Analytic Skills
State of the Art curriculum
*Per the Bureau of Labor Statistics
Finance graduates are essential to areas in commercial banking, investments, economic research, insurance, and international financial operations. In addition to developing technical skills and required knowledge, you will develop a rigorous analytical competence which will be useful in a wide variety of careers. Our alumni often begin their careers in Commercial Finance, Investment Banking, Mutual Funds, Financial Planning Companies, Regulatory Agencies, Insurance firms, Research Firms, and a variety of other industries.
Dr. Song Wang provides a program overview in the video below:
- Career Readiness: Learn the skills and acquire the knowledge to launch your career from day one.
- Preparation for Success: Our BBA Finance major delivers a state of the art Finance curriculum that will prepare you to use your analytical and technical skills, as well as your Finance and Economics knowledge to be successful in your professional life.
- Student Focus: Learn from, and work with, faculty who maintain an academic and practitioner focus that translates theory into practice through their intellectual contributions and service to the business community.
- Experiential Learning: Take part in our experiential learning opportunities including case competitions and internships.
- Corporate Social Responsibility: Become part of a community that encourages and teaches you to be socially responsible and to have ethical management experience.
Preferred Partners with Northern Trust Bank, CME group, Federal Reserve Bank Chicago among many others. Our students go on to work at some of the best firms in Chicago including Ally, Bank of America, BMO Harris, Chicago Public Schools, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, JP Morgan, Marquette Bank, Northern Trust Bank, Northwest Community Credit Union, Royal Bank and TD Ameritrade.
Complete the Bachelor of Business Administration in three years! Learn more about the three-year option.
Finance Major and Minor
|Finance Major||Finance Minor|
|Business Core (15 courses, 44 credit hours)
Finance Core (5 courses, 15 credit hours)
|Business Core (2 Courses, 6 credit hours)
Finance Core (4 Courses, 12 credit hours)
Combine a BBA with a minor in Spanish. Obtain skills that leads to careers in the following areas: International law, banking; U.S. representative for foreign company; patent attorney; representative for U.S. firm abroad; foreign branch of U.S. firm; advertising, sales, fashion buyer; marketing; executive or manager; technical expert; personnel manager; Public Relations; secretarial and clerical opportunities; import‐export firms; brokerage firms; banks; medical organizations; service, cultural organizations.
All business executives will have to write, whether it is a formal report, a memo, or even an e-mail correspondence. The writing minor provides necessary communication skills that business professionals will use on a daily basis.
If you have additional questions, please contact:
Office of Admission
Phone: 844-GOTO-SXU (844-468-6798)